Careers at Challenge - Current Openings
Challenge Machinery Company has an immediate opening for a creative, hands-on Software/Electrical Engineer to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the design and implementation of embedded software for company products and the development of software tools used to develop further products.
Since producing the world’s first paper cutter in 1887, Challenge has been recognized as the industry leader in providing innovative paper cutters that are built to last. The company also manufactures a variety of paper drills, joggers, padding presses and cornering machines used in the commercial printing, binding and finishing industries. Challenge's newest CMT family of book trimmers are designed for the expanding digital print industry, incorporating an industry-exclusive modularity which allows multiple levels of automation. Challenge products are sold through a world-wide network of independent dealers.
Preferred Skills, Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree required, preferably in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Job related experience designing, writing, and analyzing object-oriented code for machine controls.
- Experience with ANSI C a must, C# and C++ would be beneficial.
- Experience architecting real-time embedded microprocessor and microcontroller systems.
- Experience developing embedded firmware for safety-critical applications in production environments.
- Experience with Ethernet drivers and networking.
- Experience with RTOS.
- Small business interest with a desire for taking care of customers.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to summarize and communicate results clearly.
- Lead the embedded software (firmware) development life-cycle for product launches.
- Evaluate software tools, languages and frameworks for new project opportunities.
- Design and test product specific hardware.
- Design and test circuit boards.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and other electrical issues that occur in production and in the field.
- Work with other members of the Engineering Team to understand and solve product problems.
- Be willing to understand customer needs and design accordingly.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
• Competitive starting salary based on applicable experience
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Flexible Benefit Spending Account
• Paid holidays and vacation
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org